The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Porky is a big-game hunter in darkest Africa. Porky and his run across Spencer Tracy as Stanley. They discover a native village where Cake-Icer (Kay Kyser) has the jungle jumping with his jive.
- DVD - Porky Pig 101, Disc 4
- The redrawn colorized version seen on Nickelodeon severely edited this cartoon to remove all the sequences of the African American natives, and the ending replaced the shot of Africa as a blackfaced caricature bidding farewell to the viewer with a repeat of the opening pan from Dark Africa to Darkest Africa.
- It parodies the live-action feature film Stanley & Livingstone (1939).
- This cartoon reuses animation from "The Isle of Pingo Pongo" (which, coincidentally, is a Censored Eleven cartoon that has been banned for its depiction of African caricatures. Contrast with this short, which did air on television, albeit severely edited. See "Censorship" above), most notably the scene where the two fat women dance.
- Cake-Icer is voiced by Kay Kyser himself.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.