|Assault and Peppered|
A group of starving mice are admiring Daffy Duck's Mexican plantation (aptly named El Rancho Rio Daffy), all the while wishing to have some of his home grown food. Evil land baron, Daffy, who isn't particularly fond of beggars, suddenly appears and angrily whips the mice for "starving on his property." Unfortunately, Speedy Gonzales interrupts and startles Daffy, at which the little black duck declares war on the mouse. The two proceed to do battle in private forts, resorting to everything from cannonfire to mine fields. At the end, Speedy (exhausted from doing battle with Daffy) quits and goes home. Daffy then declares victory and rewards himself with a 21 gun salute. Unfortunately, as he pulls the strings to fire his rifles, the rifles flip in his direction and blast him one-by-one (with Speedy observantly keeping count).
- On CBS, the part where Daffy cracks his whip at a peasant mouse and the peasant mouse's sombrero splits in two (similar to a gag in the Chuck Jones cartoon "Ali Baba Bunny" that was also edited on CBS) was cut.
- Its run time is six minutes, the standard length of a Warner Brothers cartoon since pre-48 days.
- This cartoon is a semi-remake of Friz Freleng's "Bunker Hill Bunny". It has Daffy and Speedy fighting with cannons.
- It was submitted for the 1965 Academy Awards, but withdrawn before consideration.
TV Title Cards
- The Big Cartoon Database. Online. July 3, 2008.
- DePatie-Freleng WB Cartoons. "Assault And Peppered." Online. July 3, 2008.
- Lawson, Tim and Alisa Persons. The Magic Behind the Voices: A Who's who of Cartoon Voice Actors Page 54. University Press of Mississippi. 2004. On Google Books. Online. July 3, 2008.
|Speedy Gonzales Cartoons|
|1953||Cat-Tails for Two|
|1957||Tabasco Road • Gonzales' Tamales|
|1959||Mexicali Shmoes • Here Today, Gone Tamale|
|1960||West of the Pesos|
|1961||Cannery Woe • The Pied Piper of Guadalupe|
|1963||Mexican Cat Dance • Chili Weather|
|1964||A Message to Gracias • Nuts and Volts • Pancho's Hideaway • Road to Andalay|
|1965||It's Nice to Have a Mouse Around The House • Cats and Bruises • The Wild Chase • Moby Duck • Assault and Peppered • Well Worn Daffy • Chili Corn Corny • Go Go Amigo|
|1966||The Astroduck • Mucho Locos • Mexican Mousepiece • Daffy Rents • A-Haunting We Will Go • Snow Excuse • A Squeak in the Deep • Feather Finger • Swing Ding Amigo • A Taste of Catnip|
|1967||Daffy's Diner • Quacker Tracker • The Music Mice-Tro • The Spy Swatter • Speedy Ghost to Town • Rodent to Stardom • Go Away Stowaway • Fiesta Fiasco|
|1968||Skyscraper Caper • See Ya Later Gladiator|
|1979||The Fright Before Christmas|
|1980||The Chocolate Chase|
See also List of Daffy Duck cartoons