|Bugs Bunny's Christmas Carol|
Scrooge (Yosemite Sam) is counting money in the counting house of his firm when Bob Cratchit (Porky) comes in, wanting to borrow a lump of coal as he is freezing. Scrooge refuses, and just after this Bugs comes in with Christmas decorations and mistletoe. He is tossed out, and decides that "somebody oughta teach that little humbug some Christmas spirit". Bugs then borrows a piece of coal and places it in the office of Cratchit, who graciously thanks him.
However, Sylvester, Scrooge's cat, notices this and warns him, causing him to take back the coal and fire Cratchit, also throwing out some carolers (Elmer Fudd, Pepé Le Pew and Foghorn Leghorn) that Bugs let into his office. Cratchit invites Bugs to dinner, introducing him to his youngest son, Tiny Tim (Tweety). "Kinda puny, isn't he?" Bugs notes. "If you had to live on birdseed, you'd be puny too!" Tim retorts. Scrooge sends the light company to take the last candle (as Cratchit is past due) and a notice that the house is being foreclosed, forcing Cratchit to move out by midnight. Bugs decides this is the last straw.
First, Bugs annoys Scrooge with carolers, causing him to go out to deal with him, and he slips. Next, he puts snow into Scrooge's hot bath. He then acts like a ghost dragging around chains and beating a drum, which causes Scrooge to investigate. He does so, and accidentally slips down the stairs and into the cold, along with Sylvester. They go back to bed, but Bugs appears acting like a ghost. Sylvester quickly flees, but Scrooge is stopped by the door closing. As the ghost, Bugs threatens to take Scrooge to see "the man in the red suit" (the Devil, though Scrooge first guesses Santa Claus). Scrooge quickly promises to change.
He immediately makes good on his promise, giving money to the poor and making Bob Cratchit a partner in his firm. Tweety raises a toast to him, and Bugs kisses him. Scrooge (now going by the name of Sam) still hates kissing, though.
- (1990) - VHS Bugs Bunny's Looney Christmas Tales
- (1991) VHS - Christmas Looney Tunes UK
- (2007) DVD - Looney Tunes Golden Collection: Volume 5, Disc 4 (part of Bugs Bunny's Looney Christmas Tales)
- The cartoon was originally released as part of Bugs Bunny's Looney Christmas Tales.
- This is the first Merrie Melodies short to be made since Injun Trouble in 1969.
- This is the first Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies short to be directed by Friz Freleng since 1965.
- This marks the first appearances of Bugs Bunny, Yosemite Sam, Foghorn Leghorn, and Tweety since 1964.
- This marks the first appearances of Porky Pig, and Sylvester since 1966.
- This marks the first appearances of Elmer Fudd, and Pepé Le Pew since 1962.
- The cartoon is an adaptation of the Charles Dickens classic A Christmas Carol, featuring Yosemite Sam as Ebenezer Scrooge and Porky Pig as Bob Cratchit. Bugs Bunny makes things better by dressing up as a ghost to give Scrooge a fright.
TV Title Cards