Bugs Bunny's Lunar Tunes is a direct-to-video special reusing footage from six earlier cartoons. The linking footage has Bugs being kidnapped and brought to space by Marvin the Martian and K-9. Bugs must defend Earth on courtroom charges that Earthlings are casting aliens in a negative light, and if Bugs loses, Marvin will effect an apocalyptic punishment on Earth. Marvin shows clips from "Duck Dodgers in the 24½th Century", "His Hare Raising Tale", "Martian Through Georgia", and "Rocket-bye Baby" as evidence. Bugs, in defense, uses clips from "The Hasty Hare" and "Hare-Way to the Stars".
Classic Cartoons Used
- "Haredevil Hare" (clips)
- "Duck Dodgers in the 24½th Century"
- "No Parking Hare" (Traffic scenes)
- "Lighter Than Hare" (Robots and Yosemite Sam of outer space)
- "Boyhood Daze" (Alien dream sequence)
- "His Hare-Raising Tale" ('HareDevil Hare' flashback)
- "There Auto Be a Law" (Heavy traffic scene)
- "The Hole Idea" (Modern era scene)
- "Lumber Jerks" (Log factory scene)
- "Rocket-bye Baby"
- "Martian Through Georgia"
- "The Hasty Hare"
- "Hare-Way to the Stars"
- Kirk from Star Trek made a cameo in this video. He used Spock's Vulcan hand salute.
- Stills from this special were featured in the book The Looney Tunes Treasury on page 83.
- This special was originally planned to air on CBS.
- Music is reused from:
- Main article: Bugs Bunny's Lunar Tunes/Gallery
- Directed by Nancy Beiman
- Written by Ronnie Schieb, Greg Ford
- Produced by Greg Ford
- Animated by Jean Banville, Nancy Beiman, Russell Calabrese, Ed Cerullo, Doug Compton, Nadja Cozik, Yvette Kaplan, Mike Kazaleh, Ed Klein, Jean Pilotte, Don Poynter, Bill Railey, Larry Ruppel, Nelson Rhodes, Mike Sanger, Mike Wisniewiski, Dean Yeagle
- Backgrounds by Mark Kaplan, Cotty Kilbanks
- Voices: Jeff Bergman as Bugs Bunny. Joe Alaskey as Daffy Duck and Marvin the Martian