Tweety is being held ransom at Rocky's hideaway, and whoever rescues the bird will get one million dollars reward. Tweety tries to escape, but Rocky nearly shoots Tweety. Outside, Sylvester is eating his scraps of food when he hears Tweety chirping at Rocky's lair. Hungry for lunch, Sylvester runs up the stairway and through the sides of the building. However, this catches the attention of Rocky and his sidekick Nick. Nick places a banana where Sylvester is walking, causing him to slip and fall.
Tweety escapes through the door, but needs to hide quickly before he is caught again. Sylvester, who is inside, suggests that Tweety hide in Sylvester's mouth. However, Tweety immediately exits, finding it too cramped inside. Rocky hears Tweety, and Sylvester quickly hides Tweety in a tomato can. Rocky tries to get Sylvester to say where the bird is, but he refuses and is beaten up by Nick. Rocky spots the tomato can moving, exposing Tweety. Rocky places a stick of dynamite inside of the can, and Nick throws Sylvester out. Thinking he finally caught his prey, Sylvester runs off with the can but it explodes. "Ya dirty guys, ugh...", says Sylvester before collapsing on the stairway.
Sylvester next tries to lift himself with an I-beam. He quickly runs off with Tweety, but is squashed by the I-beam as he runs off. "Aw, the poor puddy tat fall down." Sylvester hides in an elevator just as the police arrive at the hideout. Nick hides the bird in the same elevator Sylvester is in. As Rocky and Nick are arrested, Sylvester runs out with Tweety only to be confronted by various photographers and news outlets, who all call Sylvester a hero for saving Tweety. During a town hall meeting, the mayor congratulates Sylvester and tells him to kiss the bird. However, still wanting to get his lunch, Sylvester eats Tweety, and the mayor slaps his head repeatedly until he spits out the bird. Tweety responds angrily, "Ooh, he's a bad puddy tat!"
- Nick: Hey, boss. I tawt I taw a putty tat.
- Rocky: You did, you did. You did tee a putty tat.
- Sylvester: I slip-p-p-ed.
- Sylvester: Ya dirty guys!
- Tweety: Nasty old kidnappers!
- Tweety: Those bad old gangsters!
- Tweety: Ooh, he's a bad putty tat!
- The scene of the mayor smacking Sylvester on the head to make him spit out Tweety at the ending was shortened on ABC airings .
- This short was included in Friz Freleng's Looney Looney Looney Bugs Bunny Movie and The Bugs Bunny Mystery Special, but the scenes at the beginning and ending of the short are sped-up by about five percent, while the middle of the short is kept at normal speed.
- Rocky would bird-nap Tweety once again in The Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries episode "The Cat Who Knew Too Much", except that Rocky's sidekick is the idiotic Mugsy as opposed to the smart Nick.
- The short has been restored on the I Love Tweety Japanese DVD. However, the American release for that restored print is currently not available, even though MeTV aired a previously unreleased remastered print of the cartoon in Toon In with Me.
- It was adapted into Sylvester and Tweety in Catty Cornered, a book from Buzz Books.
- "Catty Cornered" at the SFX Resource
|← A Street Cat Named Sylvester||Sylvester Cartoons||Cats A-weigh! →|
|← A Street Cat Named Sylvester||Tweety Cartoons||Dog Pounded →|
|1942||A Tale of Two Kitties|
|1944||Birdy and the Beast|
|1945||A Gruesome Twosome|
|1948||I Taw a Putty Tat|
|1949||Bad Ol' Putty Tat|
|1950||Home, Tweet Home • All a Bir-r-r-d • Canary Row|
|1951||Putty Tat Trouble • Room and Bird • Tweety's S.O.S. • Tweet Tweet Tweety|
|1952||Gift Wrapped • Ain't She Tweet • A Bird in a Guilty Cage|
|1953||Snow Business • Fowl Weather • Tom Tom Tomcat • A Street Cat Named Sylvester • Catty Cornered|
|1954||Dog Pounded • Muzzle Tough • Satan's Waitin'|
|1955||Sandy Claws • Tweety's Circus • Red Riding Hoodwinked • Heir-Conditioned|
|1956||Tweet and Sour • Tree Cornered Tweety • Tugboat Granny|
|1957||Tweet Zoo • Tweety and the Beanstalk • Birds Anonymous • Greedy for Tweety|
|1958||A Pizza Tweety-Pie • A Bird in a Bonnet|
|1959||Trick or Tweet • Tweet and Lovely • Tweet Dreams|
|1960||Hyde and Go Tweet • Trip for Tat|
|1961||The Rebel Without Claws • The Last Hungry Cat|
|1962||The Jet Cage|
|1964||Hawaiian Aye Aye|
|2011||I Tawt I Taw a Puddy Tat|