The title is a play on "chilly weather."
Some Mexican mice see the Guadalajara Food Processing Plant and try to enter, only to be chased out by Sylvester. The pussycat then yells "And stay out of here, you rodents!" and starts guarding. The hungry mice then call Speedy Gonzales to help them get food. Speedy gets some cheese, but when he goes back, Sylvester has blocked his exit and starts chasing him. They end up on a conveyor belt, where Sylvester gets shaved by some chopping blades. Speedy spreads some grease on a platform, and Sylvester skids into a vat of Tabasco Sauce. He melts a block of ice to recover. On another conveyor belt, Sylvester gets a bottle cap pressed onto his head. He pries it off with a bottle opener, but Speedy "yee-ha's" him into the ceiling where it gets stuck again, and Speedy hides his bottle opener. Sylvester wanders off, trying to club Speedy but unable to because of his lack of sight, and his aimless wandering lands him in a dehydrator. He emerges from the dehydrator in a miniature size, finally able to remove the bottle cap. Speedy, who is now larger than the cat, greets him, "Hello, pussy cat, you looking for me?" Sylvester remarks in a higher-pitched voice, "Eee! A giant mouse!" before running away in fright whilst laughing. Speedy tries to remark that Sylvester needs a psychiatrist, but after a little pronunciation trouble says, "You know, one of those head-shrinking fellows."
- DVD - Looney Tunes Golden Collection: Volume 4, Disc 3
- On CBS, the part where Sylvester chases Speedy Gonzales through a conveyor belt with cleavers was edited to remove Speedy dodging the cleavers without moving and not getting hurt (but left in Sylvester getting his fur shaven off by the cleavers).
- This is the first Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies short which the editing was done by Lee Gunther rather than Treg Brown, he would eventually do the editing for the shorts when DePatie-Freleng Enterprises got the rights to make more Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies shorts until 1967.
- The closing title card was a Looney Tunes card, though the 1955-64 version of "Merrily We Roll Along" (Merrie Melodies) theme was still played on this card. This could be a mistake on the part of the film editors before its original theatrical release.
- Most of the Guadalajara Food Processing Plant factory footage where vegetables are processed are recycled animation from "I Gopher You".
- The French dub is low-pitched.
- "Chili Weather" at IMDB
|Speedy Gonzales Cartoons|
|1953||Cat-Tails for Two|
|1957||Tabasco Road • Gonzales' Tamales|
|1959||Mexicali Shmoes • Here Today, Gone Tamale|
|1960||West of the Pesos|
|1961||Cannery Woe • The Pied Piper of Guadalupe|
|1963||Mexican Cat Dance • Chili Weather|
|1964||A Message to Gracias • Nuts and Volts • Pancho's Hideaway • Road to Andalay|
|1965||It's Nice to Have a Mouse Around The House • Cats and Bruises • The Wild Chase • Moby Duck • Assault and Peppered • Well Worn Daffy • Chili Corn Corny • Go Go Amigo|
|1966||The Astroduck • Mucho Locos • Mexican Mousepiece • Daffy Rents • A-Haunting We Will Go • Snow Excuse • A Squeak in the Deep • Feather Finger • Swing Ding Amigo • A Taste of Catnip|
|1967||Daffy's Diner • Quacker Tracker • The Music Mice-Tro • The Spy Swatter • Speedy Ghost to Town • Rodent to Stardom • Go Away Stowaway • Fiesta Fiasco|
|1968||Skyscraper Caper • See Ya Later Gladiator|
|1979||Fright Before Christmas|
|1980||The Chocolate Chase|