Daffy runs a duplicitous diner near Guadalajara, serving overpriced mouseburgers with rubber mice as substitutes for actual mice, as he hasn't seen one in ages and wants to save on costs. However, one angry cat named El Supremo, or as Daffy calls him, "a sucker", discovers the trick after choking on the rubber mouse and demands a real mouseburger. At this point, Daffy encounters Speedy, whom he tries to cook.
The mouse discovers his intentions and escapes to the desert, with Daffy in hot pursuit. Daffy is foiled each time by Speedy running up a cactus, Daffy accidentally knocking a cactus on himself, and being scared by Speedy into a trash can (prompting the waste management official to think he has gone crazy after Daffy tells him to put him down from within the can).
Finally, the cat demands his burger within two minutes, forcing Daffy to dress himself as a mouse and put himself in a bun, much to El Supremo's amusement. He states, "You never know what you can do until you have a gun pointed at your head".
- This is the the last of three DePatie-Freleng Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies shorts to use a few Hanna-Barbera sound effects (most notably the "wind whistle scat" DePatie-Freleng would go on to frequently use throughout the 1970s), the other two being "Clippety Clobbered" and "Sugar and Spies".
- This is the final Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies short to be produced by DePatie-Freleng Enterprises as the next three would be produced by Format Films before Warner Bros.-Seven Arts took over.
- The last line is also used in "Golden Yeggs".
- The is also the last cartoon produced by Friz Freleng.
- Daffy's mouse burger consists of the following:
- A foam rubber mouse
- Hot sauce with chili peppers.
- Old Axle grease.
- DDT from fresh insecticide to disguise the flavor of the foam rubber mouse.
|Speedy Gonzales Cartoons|
|1953||Cat-Tails for Two|
|1957||Tabasco Road • Gonzales' Tamales|
|1959||Mexicali Shmoes • Here Today, Gone Tamale|
|1960||West of the Pesos|
|1961||Cannery Woe • The Pied Piper of Guadalupe|
|1963||Mexican Cat Dance • Chili Weather|
|1964||A Message to Gracias • Nuts and Volts • Pancho's Hideaway • Road to Andalay|
|1965||It's Nice to Have a Mouse Around The House • Cats and Bruises • The Wild Chase • Moby Duck • Assault and Peppered • Well Worn Daffy • Chili Corn Corny • Go Go Amigo|
|1966||The Astroduck • Mucho Locos • Mexican Mousepiece • Daffy Rents • A-Haunting We Will Go • Snow Excuse • A Squeak in the Deep • Feather Finger • Swing Ding Amigo • A Taste of Catnip|
|1967||Daffy's Diner • Quacker Tracker • The Music Mice-Tro • The Spy Swatter • Speedy Ghost to Town • Rodent to Stardom • Go Away Stowaway • Fiesta Fiasco|
|1968||Skyscraper Caper • See Ya Later Gladiator|
|1979||Fright Before Christmas|
|1980||The Chocolate Chase|