Daffy Duck's Quackbusters is a 1988 Looney Tunes film with a compilation of classic Warner Bros. Cartoons shorts and animated bridging sequences, starring Daffy Duck, Bugs Bunny, Tweety, Sylvester, and Porky Pig. It is the final theatrical Looney Tunes production in which Mel Blanc provided the voices of the characters. The film was released to theaters by Warner Bros. Pictures on September 24, 1988.
Film segments in order
- "The Night of the Living Duck" (opening sequence). This cartoon is exclusive to the film.
- "The Stupor Salesman" (audio clip only when Daffy goes door-to-door)
- "Daffy Dilly" (used at beginning when Daffy tries to get to Cubish)
- "The Prize Pest" (1951) (used when Daffy recruits Porky)
- "Water, Water Every Hare" (1952) (Used for the Paranormalists At Large commercials)
- "Hyde and Go Tweet" (1960) (Sylvester encounters Tweety, who changes into a monster without him realizing it)
- "Claws for Alarm" (1954) (Porky and Sylvester's Dry Gulch assignment)
- "The Duxorcist" (1987) (Daffy's first assignment, where he ends up getting temporarily possessed). This was first released theatrically with Nuts, and it was shown as an individual cartoon short years later.
- "Transylvania 6-5000" (1963) (Bugs' Transylvania assignment)
- "The Abominable Snow Rabbit" (1961) (Bugs and Daffy's Himalayas assignment)
- "Punch Trunk" (1953) (a miniature elephant wanders through town, having many encounters with various people, with only a drunk man not expressing any shock whatsoever)
- "Jumpin' Jupiter" (1955) (seen in epilogue, identified as the Superstition Mountains)
- When Cartoon Network aired this film, the part where Daffy offers "Billy Beer" with each purchase of a car was cut from their broadcast, possibly because it was a joke referring to alcohol drinks and beer. Some of the noose gags shown in "Claws for Alarm" were also excised.[citation needed|date=]
- Daffy's scream as he got hit by the wrecking ball is Wile E. Coyote's scream taken from "To Beep or Not to Beep". The visual effect, referred to as eating the camera, is also part of this scene.
- Music is Reused From:
- Audio is Reused From:
- MPAA Number: 29236
- Daffy Duck's Quackbusters at the Internet Movie Database
- Daffy Duck's Quackbusters at the Big Cartoon DataBase
|The Looney Tunes films|
|Adventures of the Road-Runner|
|Bugs Bunny: Superstar | Chuck Amuck: The Movie|
|Greatest Hits retrospectives|
|Centering on Bugs Bunny|
|The Bugs Bunny Road-Runner Movie | Looney Looney Looney Bugs Bunny Movie | Bugs Bunny's 3rd Movie: 1001 Rabbit Tales | The Looney Tunes Hall of Fame|
|Centering on Daffy Duck|
|Daffy Duck's Movie: Fantastic Island | Daffy Duck's Quackbusters|
|Original cinematic material|
|Space Jam | Looney Tunes: Back in Action|
|Tweety's High-Flying Adventure | Bah, Humduck! A Looney Tunes Christmas | Looney Tunes: Rabbits Run|
|Two Guys from Texas | My Dream Is Yours | It's a Great Feeling | Who Framed Roger Rabbit | Gremlins 2: The New Batch | Justice League: The New Frontier|