The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Elmer's Pet Rabbit|
Elmer buys Bugs Bunny in a pet shop and Bugs Bunny begins by questioning the lifestyle that Elmer provided for Bugs, since he is a rabbit. But what comes next becomes really looney when Bugs moves in with Elmer and causes havoc.
- (1986) VHS - Viddy-Oh! For Kids Cartoon Festivals: Elmer Fudd Cartoon Festival Featuring "An Itch in Time"
- (1990) VHS - Bugs Bunny Collection: Bugs Bunny on Parade
- (1992) LaserDisc - The Golden Age of Looney Tunes, Vol. 2, Side 2: Early Wabbits
- (1999) VHS - Looney Tunes: The Collectors Edition, Volume 11: Wabbit Tales (1995 USA Turner print)
- It is the first cartoon in which Bugs is given his name (on a title card).
- The music in the cartoon includes a variation on "While Strolling Through the Park One Day" (Ed Haley), arranged by Carl W. Stalling, performed by Elmer and Bugs. Elmer, of course, has trouble with many of the words, due to his "rounded L and R" speech impediment.
- Bugs Bunny wears yellow gloves, has a deep voice, and has no buck teeth (except on "Featuring BUGS BUNNY" screen). Though this cartoon was released after "A Wild Hare" in which Bugs' recognizable "Bronx/Brooklyn" voice characterization appears for the first time, Mel Blanc used the voice from "Elmer's Candid Camera" in this short.
- This was the second cartoon for Bugs and the 23rd cartoon that Chuck Jones directed.
- In this cartoon, Bugs' personality is radically different from his other incarnations; as opposed to his usual fun-loving and comic relief personality, he has a much more aggressive, selfish, arrogant, disrespectful, almost thuggish personality. Also, he is more sarcastic than wisecracking.
- This is the only cartoon where Bugs claims to not eat carrots (although he eats them and other vegetables while complaining).
- The title card for this is similar to the title card from "Good Night Elmer".
- "Elmer's Pet Rabbit" at SuperCartoons.net
A Wild Hare
|Bugs Bunny Cartoons|
| Succeeded by|
Tortoise Beats Hare
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.