|Father of the Bird|
The title is a play on the 1950 film Father of the Bride (or its 1991 and 1995 remakes).
Sylvester finds a sparrow egg in a nest. Before he can eat it for breakfast however, a little bird hatches out and calls him "Mama." He warms to the idea of being a father and instead of eating it, he protects the bird throughout a series of near-disasters.
- Blu-ray - Looney Tunes Platinum Collection: Volume 1, Disc 3
- The little bird is never explicitly given a name, but in one scene Sylvester derisively calls it Cornbread.
- This is the last short ever produced by Chuck Jones, ending a career that began in 1938.
- This is the last Sylvester cartoon made in the 20th century.
- This is also the last Looney Tunes production made in the 1990s.