An elderly Foghorn Leghorn and Barnyard Dawg are exchanging old stories during a game of checkers. Their grandsons outside overhear their talk and imitate their old actions. The flashbacks between Foghorn and Dawg use footage from the following cartoons: (in order of appearance)
- Henhouse Henery (1949): The scene where Dawg runs into the fence that Foghorn painted to make look like an open gate, and when Foghorn runs into a mill to create a baseball bat to use against Dawg. only a new bit of animation is made showing Foghorn coming out of the workshop apparently unscathed telling the audience "That, I say, that dawg keeps a-pitchin' 'em and I keep a-duckin' 'em!", but proves himself wrong when after briefly going back in, he falls over in a daze after coming back out. It also makes up the final clip in the cartoon, where Foghorn scares Dawg out of his dog house and proceeds to paint his tongue green.
- The High and the Flighty (1956): The scene where Foghorn gives Dawg a rigged spring bone.
- All Fowled Up (1955): The scene where Foghorn tries to blow a stick of dynamite through a tube at Dawg, but it backfires.
- (1982) VHS - The Looney Tunes Video Show, Volume 6
- (2017) Streaming - Boomerang App
- The short is essentially a clip show, as the majority of the footage is reused from earlier shorts featuring Foghorn Leghorn and Barnyard Dawg.
- This short has not been broadcast in NTSC audio on Cartoon Network or Boomerang. Instead, it plays in PAL audio.
- A puppy basset hound resembling Barnyard Dawg's grandson from this cartoon would later reappear in Bah, Humduck! A Looney Tunes Christmas as carolers alongside Henery Hawk, Egghead Jr. and Priscilla Pig.
TV Title Cards
|Foghorn Leghorn Cartoons|
|1946||Walky Talky Hawky|
|1948||The Foghorn Leghorn|
|1950||The Leghorn Blows at Midnight • A Fractured Leghorn|
|1951||Leghorn Swoggled • Lovelorn Leghorn|
|1952||Sock a Doodle Do • The Egg-Cited Rooster|
|1953||Plop Goes the Weasel! • Of Rice and Hen|
|1954||Little Boy Boo|
|1955||Feather Dusted • All Fowled Up|
|1956||Weasel Stop • The High and the Flighty • Raw! Raw! Rooster!|
|1958||Feather Bluster • Weasel While You Work|
|1959||A Broken Leghorn|
|1960||Crockett-Doodle-Do • The Dixie Fryer|
|1962||The Slick Chick • Mother Was a Rooster|