Goopy Geer comes onto the stage to entertain nightclub patrons. As he plays the piano and sings, various customers accompany him by eating loudly. He plays a duet with his gloves and is soon joined by a girl who jokes and sings. Even the coat racks begin to dance. A horse drinks firewater, sees increasingly disturbing reflections in the mirror including Gandhi, then belches fire and burns up the piano, but Goopy goes on with the show.
- This marks the first appearance of the short lived character Goopy Geer; he would appear in two later Merrie Melodies shorts until eventually staying with the non-recurring character formula, up until the late 30s and early 40s.
- The scene involving a waiter and the one with the drunken horse are reused from an earlier Merrie Melodies short featuring Foxy, "Lady, Play Your Mandolin!"
- One of the customers, a fat lady hippo, previously appeared in two earlier Merrie Melodies shorts featuring Foxy, "Smile, Darn Ya, Smile!" and "One More Time".
- The animation of the dancing coat racks would be reused the same year in another cartoon, "A Great Big Bunch of You".
- This cartoon entered the Public Domain in 1960.
- When Cartoon Network aired this as part of their late Sunday night compilation show, Late Night Black and White, the part where the gorilla says, "Yessir! Yessir" as he's walking through the restaurant was cut.