|I Wanna Be a Sailor|
A mother parrot is teaching her children to say, "Polly want a cracker". The first two kids, Patrick and Patricia, do so after some effort, but Peter doesn't want to say cracker, he wants to be a sailor like his dad. His mother refuses, telling him that his dad had really set sail for Catalina after he and the others were born. Peter is not impressed and runs off. He takes a barrel and joins forces with a rather annoying duck, and the two set sail on the lake. They eventually find trouble in a thunderstorm, and Peter calls his "Momma". She comes running, but he is already saved by the duck, despite it all, he still wants to be a sailor.
- (1992) LaserDisc - The Golden Age of Looney Tunes, Volume 3, Side 5
- (2010) DVD - Kid Galahad (USA 1995 Turner print)
- The voice of Peter Parrot was prolific child actor Robert "Bobby" Winckler, who had worked in over 80 films and over 200 radio shows with most of the stars of the Golden Age of Hollywood. His IMDB page is listed under his often credited name Robert Winkler.
- First cartoon to end with the 1937-38 "Merrily We Roll Along" rendition.
- This cartoon is one of the many handful pre-1943 shorts to enter the public domain due to United Artists, the owners of the short at the time. The copyright was planned to be renewed, but they failed to renew the copyright in time.
- The duck in this cartoon is theorized by some people as being the same duck that appeared in the cartoons "It's an Ill Wind", "Porky's Hotel", and "She Was an Acrobat's Daughter".