|Lady, Play Your Mandolin!|
Animal patrons at a Mexican cafe sing the title song. Foxy rides up on his horse but when the horse tries to go inside, he ties its neck around a cactus. He enters the cafe and sings. Roxy takes the stage playing her mandolin and Foxy joins her in a duet. When the horse frees itself and sings with them, Foxy steps out and clobbers it with a bottle. Foxy and Roxy finish their song but as the music plays out, the horse stumbles in, drinks a bottle of firewater, begins hallucinating, and dances so fast that he catches fire. A mouse climbs out of the horse's singed pants and slams a garbage can lid for the final cymbal clang.
- (2003) DVD - Looney Tunes Golden Collection: Volume 1, Disc 3 (part of ToonHeads: The Lost Cartoons)
- (2005) DVD - Little Caesar
- (2013) Blu-ray - Little Caesar
- Starting with this short, all Looney Tunes shorts would be directed by Hugh Harman, and all Merrie Melodies shorts would be directed by Rudolf Ising until 1933.
- Although some of the 1933 LT and MM shorts would sometimes be co-directed by Friz Freleng with either Harman or Ising.
- This short has rarely been shown since its original release. It was shown as part of the Toon Heads special The Lost Warner Bros. Cartoons, with some parts cut for time.
- This is the first Merrie Melodies short to be produced and released.
- This short marks the debut of Foxy and Roxy.
- This short entered the public domain in 1960 due to Sunset Productions/Guild Films, owner of the shorts, failing to renew the copyright in time.
- This short was an anomaly of the selling of copyright to Sunset and Associated Artists Productions. Whereas the 1931-33 Merrie Melodies shorts were sold to a.a.p., this short on the other hand was sold to Sunset, along with the black and white 1933-34 Merrie Melodies shorts. It is currently unknown why this happened. As a result, the short does not have a Turner "dubbed version", like all of the other 1931-33 Merrie Melodies do, save "Hittin' the Trail for Hallelujah Land".
- ↑ Toon Heads: The Lost Warner Bros. Cartoons