Looney Tunes Golden Collection: Volume 6 is the sixth and final DVD box set in the Looney Tunes Golden Collection series. It contains 60 cartoons, plus 15 bonus shorts, making it a total of 75 shorts in the set. It was released on October 2008. In France, it was released on March 2020.
Like other LTGC volumes beforehand, all cartoons in the set (including the politically incorrect ones) are shown uncut for historical reasons. Unlike all other Looney Tunes DVD releases, the DVD box art states that the release is "intended for the adult collector and is not suitable for children", as opposed to "may not be suitable for children", due to the volume having more politically-incorrect cartoons than other releases, with some of them having to do with World War II. However, when it was re-released in a 6-box set, it states the Volume 3-5 warning and several kids watched it anyways.
This set contains the most public domain cartoons of all the Golden Collection DVDs, having a total of 14 public domain cartoons. It has the second most number of public domain cartoons on this DVD set, just next to Porky Pig 101 from Warner Archive which came out nine years later, which in contrast had the most public domain cartoons in any DVD set, with a total of 26 public domain cartoons in that DVD set.
Disc One: Looney Tunes All-Stars
Cartoons 1-3, 5, and 8-9 are in the a.a.p package. The rest are in the post-1948 package.
- "Hare Trigger" (Bugs Bunny, Yosemite Sam, 1945) (Friz Freleng)
- "To Duck .... or Not to Duck" (Daffy Duck, Elmer Fudd, 1943) (Chuck Jones)
- "The Birth of a Notion" (Daffy Duck, 1947) (Robert McKimson)
- "My Little Duckaroo" (Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, 1954) (Chuck Jones)
- "Crowing Pains" (Foghorn Leghorn, Barnyard Dawg, 1947) (Robert McKimson) Original opening and credits restored.
- "Raw! Raw! Rooster!" (Foghorn Leghorn, 1956) (Robert McKimson)
- "Heaven Scent" (Pepé Le Pew, 1956) (Chuck Jones)
- "My Favorite Duck" (Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, 1942) (Chuck Jones) USA only
- "Jumpin' Jupiter" (Porky Pig, Sylvester, 1955) (Chuck Jones)
- "Satan's Waitin'" (Sylvester, Tweety Bird, 1954) (Friz Freleng)
- "Hook, Line and Stinker" (Wile E. Coyote, Road Runner, 1958) (Chuck Jones)
- "Bear Feat" (The Three Bears, 1949) (Chuck Jones)
- "Dog Gone South" (Charlie Dog, 1950) (Chuck Jones) Original opening and ending restored.
- "A Ham in a Role" (Goofy Gophers, 1949) (Robert McKimson) Original opening and ending restored.
- "Often an Orphan" (Porky Pig, Charlie Dog, 1949)
The first bonus cartoon is in the a.a.p. package. The rest are in the post-1948 package.
- "Sniffles Takes a Trip" (USA Turner print, but would later be restored for Looney Tunes Mouse Chronicles: The Chuck Jones Collection)
- "Hippety Hopper" (unrestored, but would later be restored for Looney Tunes Super Stars' Sylvester & Hippety Hopper: Marsupial Mayhem)
- "Rabbit Rampage" (restored)
- "Boyhood Daze" (restored)
- "Hare Trigger" by Greg Ford
- "The Birth of a Notion" by Mark Kausler
- "My Favorite Duck" by Jerry Beck
- "Raw! Raw! Rooster!"
- "Jumpin' Jupiter"
- "Rabbit Rampage"
- "Boyhood Daze"
Disc Two: Patriotic Pals
Cartoons 1-3, 5-6, 9, 10 and 12 are in the a.a.p. package. 4, 7 and 8 are in the Sunset package. 13-15 are in the post-1948 package.
- Herr Meets Hare
- Russian Rhapsody
- Daffy - The Commando
- Bosko the Doughboy
- Rookie Revue
- The Draft Horse
- Wacky Blackout
- The Ducktators
- The Weakly Reporter
- The Fifth-Column Mouse
- Meet John Doughboy
- Hollywood Canine Canteen
- By Word of Mouse
- Yankee Dood It
The first cartoon is a.a.p. The other 2 are Sunset.
- The Fighting 69½th (USA Turner print)
- Confusions of a Nutzy Spy (unrestored)
- Hop and Go (unrestored)
Friz Freleng at MGM
- Poultry Pirates (1938)
- A Day at the Beach (1938)
- The Captain's Christmas (1938)
- Seal Skinners (1939)
- Mama's New Hat (1939)
Music Only Track
Disc 3: Bosko, Buddy and Merrie Melodies
All cartoons on this disc are in black-and-white.
Cartoons 1, 3, 5, 8, 10, and 12-15 are Sunset. The rest are in the a.a.p package.
- Congo Jazz
- Smile, Darn Ya, Smile!
- The Booze Hangs High
- One More Time
- Bosko's Picture Show
- You Don't Know What You're Doin'!
- We're in the Money
- Ride Him, Bosko!
- Shuffle Off to Buffalo
- Bosko in Person
- The Dish Ran Away with the Spoon
- Buddy's Day Out
- Buddy's Beer Garden
- Buddy's Circus
- A Cartoonist's Nightmare
Cartoons 1-2 are a.a.p., 3-4 are Sunset.
- All bonus cartoons on this disc are one-shots.
The World of Leon Schlesinger
- Introduction by Martha Sigall and Jerry Beck
- Crying for the Carolines (1930)
- Haunted Gold title sequence
- Schlesinger Productions Christmas Party with optional commentary by Martha Sigall and Jerry Beck
Disc 4: Most Requested Assorted Nuts and One-Shots
- All cartoons on this disc, including bonus cartoons, are one-shots.
Cartoons 1-3, and 14 are a.a.p. The rest are post-1948.
|1||Horton Hatches the Egg||1942||Bob Clampett|
|2||Lights Fantastic||1942||Friz Freleng|
|3||Fresh Airedale||1945||Chuck Jones|
|4||Chow Hound||1951||Chuck Jones|
|5||The Oily American||1954||Robert McKimson|
|6||It's Hummer Time*||1950||Robert McKimson|
|7||Rocket-bye Baby||1956||Chuck Jones|
|8||Goo Goo Goliath||1954||Friz Freleng|
|9||Wild Wife||1954||Robert McKimson|
|10||Much Ado About Nutting||1953||Chuck Jones|
|11||The Hole Idea||1955||Robert McKimson|
|12||Now Hear This||1963||Chuck Jones|
|13||Martian Through Georgia||1962||Chuck Jones, Maurice Noble, and Abe Levitow|
|14||Page Miss Glory**||1936||Tex Avery - uncredited|
|15||Norman Normal||1968||Alex Lovy|
- (*) - Original opening is restored for this release.
(**) - The song is public domain, but cartoon is under copyright.
- All bonus cartoons on this disc are in the post-1948 package, and like the main shorts they are all one-shots.
|Sleepy Time Possum||1951||Robert McKimson|
|Punch Trunk||1953||Chuck Jones|
|Wild Wild World||1960||Robert McKimson|
|Bartholomew Versus the Wheel*||1964||Robert McKimson|
- - Restored
Alternate Audio Programs
- The Hole Idea music-only track
- Martian Through Georgia music-only track
- Punch Trunk music and effects
- Wild Wild World music-only track
- Mel Blanc: The Man of a Thousand Voices
- Two of the bonus cartoons appearing on this DVD set, "Sniffles Takes a Trip" on Disc 1 and "Hop and Go" on Disc 2, use unreleased stereo mixes of their soundtracks made by combining both their respective original soundtracks and recreated music-and-effects-only tracks, and in the case of "Sniffles Takes a Trip", have canned audio in both the opening and altered ending music cues, as well as the unaltered parts of the background music. Some of characters' dialogue volumes in both shorts has been decreased, making it hard for viewers to understand the lines the characters say.
- The restored version of "Boyhood Daze", a bonus feature on Disc 1, is apparently sourced from a 1998 Dubbed print, without the Dubbed notice, marking it the first and only time since Golden Collection Volume 1 where these 1998 restorations are used on the Golden Collection DVD series. This cartoon was later re-restored in HD for Looney Tunes Platinum Collection: Volume 1 Blu-Ray/DVD set in 2011.
- ↑ https://www.b98.tv/video/sniffles-takes-trip/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2yITNSWPLs&t=2s
- ↑ https://www.b98.tv/video/boyhood-daze/