Last revision on: 11/19/18
Protected pages are pages that can only be edited by Acme Staff. Semi-protected pages are pages that can only be edited by users whose accounts are older than four days at the time of creation. All policy pages, such as this page, are also protected to lock users who are not Acme Staff from editing it.
There are a number of possible reasons why a page might be protected:
Pages which are fully protected can only be edited or moved by Acme Staff. They may be protected for reasons including but not limited to the following:
- Pages in the MediaWiki namespace are protected by default, for several reasons:
- Many messages are in plain HTML, hence users could insert malicious scripts
- Vandalism of some messages would be extremely disruptive, for example changes to the text of the links in the sidebar would immediately be visible to all users
- A few messages can cause the software to stop working if they are changed.
- Protecting the Main Page from vandalism
- Protecting the Looney Tunes Wiki's policy pages from editing from non-staff members
- Maintaining the integrity of the copyright and license pages
- Protecting certain "system administration" pages
- Enforcing a "cool down" period to stop an "edit war"
- Protecting a page that has been a recent target of persistent vandalism or persistent edits by a banned user
- Preventing changes to a page while investigating a possible bug
- Protecting a page to lock a user from editing it due to more contributions to their user page contra to mainspace edits
Pages which are semi-protected may be:
- Fully protected from being moved, but not protected from editing.
- Protected from editing by unregistered or recently-registered users.
Reasons for semi-protection include:
- Preventing the addition of vandalism or fanon to an article from anonymous users.
- Preventing anonymous or potential sock puppet votes on discussions.
|Policy|| Policy • Blocking • Categories • Citations • Communication • Plagiarism, Copyrights, and Legal Status • COPPA • Discussions and Voting • Images and Videos • Language Policy • Privacy • Protected Pages • Rights Requirements • Staff Guidelines • User Pages • Vandalism • What the Looney Tunes Wiki is and what it is not
|Acme Staff|| Acme Heads • Wizards • Rollbacks • Content Moderators • Discussions Moderators
|Article Guides|| Article Layouts • Dictionary • Good Writing • Manual of Style • Sources