Two mice, Pelon and Jose, are watching a broken television at the dump. Jose says you just have to use your imagination, but Pelon says he's going home to watch a real TV. Jose gets depressed, but Speedy arrives and begins narrating scenes that show that the stupidest animal is the duck and the smartest one is the mouse. Together they envision a Robin Hood scene where the duck, Daffy, can't even beat the pig, Porky. Then Speedy describes the time he outwitted El Vulturo. Then they imagine a time when Daffy failed as Sherlock Holmes, and a time when Speedy outwitted two cats. Finally, Speedy tells of the Hong Kong Dragon Lady breathing fire on the duck. When the story is over, Jose asks about the new duck on the television. Just then, Daffy pops through the broken TV and smacks Speedy with a mallet. Speedy decides to go home now, because he thinks the imagination TV gives him the terrible headaches. Jose wonders if it is real or not.
- On CBS, the scene recycled from the 1959 Robert McKimson short, "China Jones", where Daffy is burnt and featherless after the Chinese dragon lady breathes fire on him was cut.
- This short uses clips (that are re-animated and re-dubbed) from Robin Hood Daffy (1958), Tortilla Flaps (1958), Deduce, You Say (1956), Mexicali Shmoes (1959), and China Jones (1959).
- This is the final short to feature Porky Pig in the Golden Age of American Animation, although the only footage featuring Porky is just footage taken from Robin Hood Daffy (1958).
- This is the last Looney Tunes or Merrie Melodies short to rely on reusing footage from previous shorts of both series.
- This was the first of two times that Daffy defeated Speedy, with the other being "Feather Finger".
- When the short was shown on The Bugs Bunny Show, the title was changed to Muchos Locos.
- This is the only Looney Tunes or Merrie Melodies short scored by Herman Stein.
TV Title Cards
|Speedy Gonzales Cartoons|
|1953||Cat-Tails for Two|
|1957||Tabasco Road • Gonzales' Tamales|
|1959||Mexicali Shmoes • Here Today, Gone Tamale|
|1960||West of the Pesos|
|1961||Cannery Woe • The Pied Piper of Guadalupe|
|1963||Mexican Cat Dance • Chili Weather|
|1964||A Message to Gracias • Nuts and Volts • Pancho's Hideaway • Road to Andalay|
|1965||It's Nice to Have a Mouse Around The House • Cats and Bruises • The Wild Chase • Moby Duck • Assault and Peppered • Well Worn Daffy • Chili Corn Corny • Go Go Amigo|
|1966||The Astroduck • Mucho Locos • Mexican Mousepiece • Daffy Rents • A-Haunting We Will Go • Snow Excuse • A Squeak in the Deep • Feather Finger • Swing Ding Amigo • A Taste of Catnip|
|1967||Daffy's Diner • Quacker Tracker • The Music Mice-Tro • The Spy Swatter • Speedy Ghost to Town • Rodent to Stardom • Go Away Stowaway • Fiesta Fiasco|
|1968||Skyscraper Caper • See Ya Later Gladiator|
|1979||Fright Before Christmas|
|1980||The Chocolate Chase|