Bugs is traveling underground, and emerges in France at the headquarters of Napoleon Bonaparte. Napoleon is planning a military offensive and think Bugs is a saboteur, and sends a guard after him. Bugs easily outwits the incompetent guard (who's actually "Mugsy", previously seen in "Bugs and Thugs") and then disguises himself as Josephine and asks Napoleon to dance. Napoleon sees Bugs' tail through the disguise and chases Bugs, who slides down a staircase. The guard sees Bugs and points his bayonet, intending to stab Bugs as he slides down. Bugs hops off of the staircase and Napoleon is stabbed instead. He slides back up the staircase screaming. Mugsy then gets the "point" from Napoleon and goes howling in to the air.
Napoleon catches Bugs and orders him into a guillotine. Bugs runs off with Napoleon in pursuit, running down the guillotine platform and then back up and through the guillotine which is still raised. Napoleon follows Bugs but as he runs through the guillotine the blade falls and slices the back of his uniform along with the hair from the back of his head. Napoleon demands an explanation from the hooded executor, who is Bugs himself. Bugs then tries to elude Napoleon by hiding in a mortar, but is found.
Napoleon resumes his chase of Bugs, but two men in white coats show up and one says to the other, "Hey Pierre, here's another Napoleon," and Pierre replies, "that's the twelfth one today." "But I am Napoleon," the little corporal wails as he's dragged away by them to the nearest insane asylum. "Sure, you are," one of the men nods sarcastically.
Bugs then says, "Imagine that guy thinking he's Napoleon...[quickly donning a Napoleon hat] when I really am!" He pulls out a flute, playing "La Marseillaise", which becomes "Yankee Doodle" as he marches into the distance.
- (1982) VHS - The Looney Tunes Video Show Volume 19 (UK)
- (1998) VHS\LaserDisc - Bugs and Marvin: Martian Mayhem (1997 dubbed version) (only in pal regions)
- (2010) DVD - Looney Tunes Super Stars' Bugs Bunny: Hare Extraordinaire (in widescreen)
- (2012) DVD - Looney Tunes: The Best of Bugs Bunny
- (2020) Blu-ray - Bugs Bunny 80th Anniversary Collection, Disc 2 (remastered and HD)
- In light of the backlash over alleged drug references on an episode of Ralph Bakshi's The New Adventures of Mighty Mouse, where Mighty Mouse's inhaling of crushed flower petals was mistaken for cocaine by media watchdog groups, the ABC version of "Napoleon Bunny-Part" in the mid-to-late 1980s cut the scene where Napoleon inhales some snuff and Bugs does the same, only to sneeze all over Napoleon's map. The scene was later reinstated on ABC after the backlash died down. Other channels, such as CBS, Nickelodeon, The WB, Cartoon Network, and Boomerang, have aired this uncut.
TV Title Cards
- The Censored Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies Guide: N-O http://www.intanibase.com/gac/looneytunes/censored-n-o.aspx
- "Napoleon Bunny-Part" at SuperCartoons.net
- "Napoleon Bunny-Part" at B99.TV
- "Napoleon Bunny-part" on the SFX Resource