|One Meat Brawl|
In the forest, a burrow is inhabited by a groundhog named Grover. Today is Groundhog's Day and Grover Groundhog is prepping up for that day and ready to make his appearance. He turns on the radio, positions his lamp and sings his song. Then his shadow does its acrobatics act and Grover applauds. That when the radio announcer talks about Groundhog's Day and everybody gathering around for the appearance of Grover Groundhog. Grover steps out, only to find that his fans are really hunters and the cameras are really rifles. This was around the time of meat shortage and high priced meats; Grover even exclaims that this meat shortage is tough on the animals. We when see Porky Pig and his dog Mandrake (Barnyard Dawg) who have different plans for Grover. Porky wants Grover to complete his stuffed animal collection. Mandrake wastes no time in finding Grover even after a tiny mishap which was bringing back a shoe. Grover scares Mandrake, Mandrake identifies him and Grover did a little Take or Leave It act. The chase is on but before Mandrake could catch him, Grover shames the dog and tells him a sad story. Porky shows up but before he could shoot Grover, Mandrake stops him and growls at him. Grover even whaps Porky on the knees. Porky quickly snaps him out of it and puts earmuffs on Mandrake so that he wouldn't let Grover trick him again. But Grover is one step ahead of them and wires the earmuffs to a microphone and continues to tell the sad story. Porky again relents but not before Grover escapes. Now Porky starts to shame Mandrake and Mandrake does a suicide attempt by pointing a gun against his head. Turns out, that gun is a harmless water pistol. Porky then gives Mandrake one more chance and send him off again. Grover sees Mandrake coming and sets up a "Free Food" display, with him and a bone as the choices. It took Mandrake a few seconds to make a choice but he eventually makes it. Porky shows up and gets knocked out hearing Mandrake eating something. Porky realizes that Mandrake ate the groundhog, shames him again and starts to tell that same sad story with Grover whispering it to Porky's ear. (It is assumed that Mandrake really ate the bone.) But Mandrake spots the truth and shows Porky the groundhog. Grover escapes again, but not before saying "I'm only 3½ years old." Porky corners Grover in a pail, but somehow the bullets missed him entirely. Grover then runs back to his home and his two advisories are right behind him although Mandrake briefly blocks Porky's entrance but Porky pushes him to the side, goes in and Mandrake follows. Then a big fight ensues, but it is really their shadows doing the fighting. Porky explains that shadow boxing is to make sure nobody gets hurt.
- (1986) VHS - Viddy-Oh! For Kids Cartoon Festivals: Porky Pig and Daffy Duck Cartoon Festival Featuring "Tick Tock Tuckered"
- (1986) VHS - Viddy-Oh! For Kids Cartoon Festivals: Porky Pig Cartoon Festival Featuring "Tom Turk and Daffy"
- (2012) DVD - Looney Tunes Super Stars' Porky & Friends: Hilarious Ham (USA 1995 Turner print)
- The copyright was renewed on 1974.
- Some of the a.a.p. intro music can be heard in early copies of the USA dubbed version, which air on Cartoon Network. In later copies of the USA dubbed version (much like the one on the Looney Tunes Super Stars' Porky & Friends: Hilarious Ham DVD) as well as the EU dubbed version, the a.a.p. intro music is cleanly omitted from the soundtrack, and the short plays as normal. This could imply that the oldest a.a.p. print was used as the footage source for the short's "dubbed version", since back in 1995 Turner did not had access to the short's original negatives stored in the WB vaults, and had to rely on what was available in the Turner vaults at the time.
- The European dubbed print has red borders while the American dubbed print has no borders. 
- ↑ https://yadi.sk/d/5OoeshdnfwQGF/WB%20-%20Merrie%20Melodies%20-%201947-01-18%20-%20One%20Meat%20Brawl.m2p