Porky Pig's Haunted Holiday is a side-scrolling platform game released by Acclaim for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System in 1995. So far, it is the only Looney Tunes licensed game to star Porky Pig.
The beta version game was originally developed by Sunsoft, complete with different background music and more hyperactive Porky sound bytes. However, the game was re-worked by Acclaim Entertainment and sold that way.
Porky Pig is having nightmares. Your job is to guide him through the nightmares, which consist of six worlds: a forest, a Western-themed ghost town, underwater, an abandoned mine, a snowy mountain/Wackyland, and a castle.
An interesting aspect of the game is that the weather changes every time you turn on the game, and often weather will vary during the game itself. From one level to the next, it may be raining, snowing, or clear, and may have summer, fall, or winter color schemes.
Looney Tunes Cartoon References
- The Two-head bird in the first level of the game was inspired from "Transylvania 6-5000".
- The Moosehead Enemy was from "Claws for Alarm".
- The Leprechauns were from "The Wearing of the Grin".
- Daffy's Count Duckula Attire was from "The Prize Pest".
- The Hyde Tweety Boss was from "Hyde and Go Tweet".
- The Boss, Hugo, was from "The Abominable Snow Rabbit".
- Wackyland and its residents were both from "Porky in Wackyland" and "Dough for the Do-Do".
- The Final Boss, Herman the robot, was from "Daffy Rents".
- One of the Hazards, the Dynamite Darts, found within the castle, were reused from "Lickety-Splat"