While at the Crocadero night club, Porky dreams of becoming a bandleader, but he finds out that he has no money. Instead he gets a job at the club working on the dishes. His boss gets the wrong idea of Porky involving a fly and fires him. The boss's bandleaders don't show up, so he brings Porky back and has him impersonate several famous bandleaders.
- Leopold Stokowski - by Porky
- Rudy Vallee - by Porky
- Benny Goodman - by Porky
- Paul Whiteman - by Porky
- Carmen Lombardo (Cryman Lombago)
- Cab Calloway (Cab Howlaway and His Absorbent Cotton Club Orchestra)
Nickelodeon aired two censored versions of this cartoon, both cutting out the brief part where Porky, as Cab Calloway singing "Chinatown My Chinatown", runs across the stage with stereotypical Chinese facial features:
- The black and white version that aired when Looney Tunes on Nickelodeon was a Nick at Nite show replaced that shot of Porky with a repeat shot of the patrons on the dance floor during the Guy Lumbago scene.
- When Looney Tunes on Nickelodeon became a daytime show and phased out their black and white cartoons in favor of redrawn and computer-colorized versions of black and white cartoons, that shot of Porky was replaced with a frozen shot of the empty stage as Porky runs off it. Both versions had the audio play as normal.
- Guy Lumbago and His Boiled Kanadians is a play on Guy Lombardo and His Royal Canadians.