The Stitch in Time Hospital's motto is "As ye sew so shall ye rip!" In the operating room, Dr. Quack, assisted by Dr. Daffy Duck ("also a quack"), is about to perform surgery. As the operation starts and Dr. Quack asks for his instruments in an increasing rate, Daffy goes berserk and jumps around the room, tossing the instruments in the air and using the air bag as a punching bag. He is then ejected from the room and ends up stuck in an iron lung. He fights his way out of it, but his body begins to inflate and deflate several times. Humiliated, Daffy insists that he will not take this lying down and states that he will soon get his own patient. Daffy opens the window and sees Porky Pig strolling by the hospital. Seeing his big chance, Daffy follows Porky around the corner and knocks him out with his mallet, then carries him inside on a stretcher. Inside a hospital room, Daffy is examining Porky by checking his heartbeat with a ratty stethoscope and his temperature with a thermometer, which turns out to be a lollipop. Porky insists that he isn't sick, but Daffy decides to go forth with his plans. After having a consultation with two other images of himself (brought on by a hit on the head with the mallet), he decides to perform surgery on Porky. Grabbing a large saw from his medicine bag, he walks over to Porky and lifts his gown to operate! Porky realizes what Daffy's plan is and squirms around to escape from him. Porky runs out of the room and slams a door behind him in an effort to get away, only to find Daffy standing right behind the door with a cheery "Hello Chum!" Porky crashes through the door and the chase goes on. Just as Daffy catches up with Porky they both crash into the iron lung where it spits them back out and they both inflate and deflate like balloons once again.
- The redrawn-colorized version was heavily cut, shortening the part where Daffy holds up signs telling people to be quiet to remove the "Hush Yo' Mouf" sign and the sign with Hebrew writing which translates to "Silence is Foo!" when shaken; Daffy hitting himself with a mallet and consulting his three ghostly selves about Porky's "condition"; and the scene of Daffy and Porky tripping into the iron lung.
- The computer-colorized version only edits the sign gag (Daffy holding the signs that read, "Shh!", "Hush Yo' Mouf!", and Hebrew writing that translates to "Silence is Foo!") to remove "Hush Yo' Mouf!"
- Though Daffy talks very much in this short, there are only two scenes where his mouth moves in sync with his lines.
- Daffy would become a crazy doctor once again in Space Jam, except that this time Michael Jordan is his victim instead of Porky Pig, and the gags used are much different.
- According to Mark Kausler's commentary on Looney Tunes Golden Collection: Volume 5, both Bob Clampett and Chuck Jones grew to hate this short due to it using an iron lung for a gag prop, which they felt was in bad taste to those who suffered from polio.
|← Porky in Egypt||Porky Pig Cartoons||Porky the Gob →|
|← Porky & Daffy||Daffy Duck Cartoons||Daffy Duck in Hollywood →|