Daffy Duck is Duck Drake, a "Private Eye, Ear, Nose, and Throat". He receives a call that summons him to the J. Cleaver Axe-Handle Estate, where somebody supposedly has been murdered. He arrives at the house and suspects a lady duck of committing the crime. The lady duck shows him affection, however Daffy forces her to reenact the murder. Along the way Daffy is shot, crushed by a falling piano, and eventually run right over by a train. The lady duck then tells him that he is at the wrong address and that the real murder site is down the road, but not before showering him with love by chasing him through the house and out the door.
- A drake is the name of a male duck, so it is appropriate for Daffy to have this fictional last name.
- The engine on the train is a 4-6-0 engine (four leading wheels, six driving wheels, and no trailing wheels). In the mid 19th century, this wheel arrangement became the second most popular configuration for new steam locomotives in the United States. This type of engine is commonly referred to as a Ten-wheeler.
- This is the final original Looney Tunes cartoon still retaining its original titles to use the Daffy Duck opening card. It is also the only Daffy Duck short with the blue rings and red backgrounds to have this effect.
- This short reuses a piano gag from "Canned Feud".
- "The Super Snooper" at b98.tv