Forest animals participate in the Woodland Community Swing Variety Show on radio station KUKU.
- Alexander Woollcott (Owl Cott)
- Ben Bernie (Ben Birdie)
- Walter Winchell (Walter Finchell)
- Milton Berle (Milton Squirrel)
- Eileen Barton's character Jolly Gillette (Polly)
- Wendell Hall (Wendell Howl)
- Billy Jones (Billy Goat)
- Ernie Hare (Ernie Bear)
- Portland Hoffa
- Fred Allen (Mr. Growlin')
- Eddie Cantor (Eddie Gander)
- Sophie Tucker (Sophie Turkey)
- W.C. Fields (W.C. Fieldmouse)
- Dick Powell (Dick Fowl)
- Fats Waller (Fats Swallow)
- Deanna Turpin (Deanna Terrapin)
- Irvin S. Cobb (Irvin S. Frog)
- Fred MacMurray (Fred McFurry)
- Bing Crosby (Bing Crowsby)
- Al Jolson (Al Goatson)
- Ruby Keeler (Ruby Squealer)
- Lanny Ross (Lanny Hoss)
- Grace Moore (Grace Moose)
- Lily Pons (Lily Swans)
- Haven McQuarrie (Raven McQuandry)
- Joe Penner (Joe Penguin)
- Martha Raye (Moutha Bray)
- Bill Comstock's character Tizzie Lish (Tizzie Fish)
- Louella Parsons (Louella Possums)
- Jack Benny (Jack Bunny)
- Mary Livingstone (Canary Livingstone)
- Andy Devine (Andy Bovine)
Versions shown on Cartoon Network in the 1990s shorten the number "The Woods Are Full of Cuckoos" to remove the long pan of the animal celebrities due to the appearance of a black faced goat caricature of Al Jolson.
- KUKU is the name of an actual FM radio station based in Willow Springs, Missouri.
- This is one of the handful of pre-1948 shorts that air on the Turner networks using their Associated Artists Productions prints after 1995, minus the AAP opening, although a dubbed version does exist, which airs from time to time. For some reason, the LaserDisc print has the opening shield zoom cut off, but the music still plays.
- Both NTSC and PAL 1995 dubbed version prints replace the 1938 opening music by the 1941-45 one. What is more, the 1995 EU dubbed version of this short replaces the original ending music cue with 1937-38 one.
- Part of the "Merrily We Roll Along" theme is cut on the LaserDisc version.