|Tweet and Lovely|
The title is a play on the 1931 song "Sweet and Lovely".
Sylvester (who lives in an apartment building next to Tweety's yard) hears Tweety Bird singing and looks through the window with his telescope. Tweety sees him, grabs a towel, exclaims "I taw I taw a peeking tom cat!", and shuts the door after saying "That nasty old peeking tom cat!".
Sylvester sees Hector the Bulldog (known as Spike in this cartoon) sleeping next to the pole that holds Tweety's birdhouse. He sneaks and climbs the pole. Spike awakens and pulls him down. Sylvester smiles and pushes Spike's mad face into a glad face, but Spike changes his face back to mad and chases him back to his apartment.
Sylvester uses a grabber to grab Tweety. Tweety avoids it until Spike climbs up a ladder and uses the grabber to knock Sylvester repeatedly against the wall, while Tweety scolds Sylvester saying, "Bad Old Puddy Tat!". Sylvester builds a robot dog, but it attacks him, so he destroys it.
Sylvester makes a smoke bomb and dashes into the smoke-covered yard, bumping into Spike, who then drives him from the yard.
Sylvester uses a pogo stick to approach Tweety's birdhouse, passing Spike and grabs Tweety. As he is about to pogo away, Spike opens a manhole. Sylvester falls in and Tweety escapes.
Sylvester makes a storm cloud formula to prevent Spike from coming, but he trips, creating a storm in his room instead.
Sylvester makes himself invisible using vanishing cream, hits Spike with a brick and grabs Tweety. As Sylvester climbs down the pole, Tweety wonders why he is floating. Spike sprays Sylvester with green paint, forces him to give him Tweety and punches the cat out of the yard.
In a final attempt to get ride of Spike, Sylvester makes a bomb camera, but it explodes before he can deliver it. Sylvester appears with angel wings, saying "Hmph! It's a good thing pussycats have nine lives".
- (1982) VHS - The Looney Tunes Video Show, Volume 13
- (1985) VHS - Sylvester and Tweety's Crazy Capers
- (1995) VHS - Classic Collection (WHSmith Exclusive Video) (United Kingdom only)
- (1998) VHS - Tweety: Tweet and Lovely (same print as Sylvester and Tweety's Crazy Capers in American version, but same print as The Looney Tunes Video Show Volume 13 in European version)
- (2001) DVD - I Love Tweety: Volume 2 (Japan only; remastered)
- HBO Max (2020 - ) (restored)
- The version shown on ABC's The Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show shortens Hector/Spike bashing Sylvester against the wall and Tweety twice encouraging Hector/Spike to bash him.
- Although Hector the Bulldog was already given his name beginning in the short "Fowl Weather", for some reason he is referred to as "Spike" in this cartoon.
- While Tweety is bathing, Sylvester looks at him (with binoculars, as Tweety sings in his birdhouse's bathtub & discovers the spying cat,) his remark is not the normal "Ew, I tawt I taw a putty tat!" This time he says "Ew, I tawt I taw a peeping tom cat." Tweety's use of the term "peeking tom cat" earlier in the cartoon is a play on the term "peeping tom". The term Peeping Tom is normally used on a man who secretly peeps on women (especially through the windows).
- Tweety's line of dialogue "And another!" from this cartoon is later reused in the Road Runner CGI short "Flash in the Pain" in 2014.
TV Title Cards
|1942||A Tale of Two Kitties|
|1944||Birdy and the Beast|
|1945||A Gruesome Twosome|
|1948||I Taw a Putty Tat|
|1949||Bad Ol' Putty Tat|
|1950||Home Tweet Home • All a Bir-r-r-d • Canary Row|
|1951||Putty Tat Trouble • Room and Bird • Tweety's S.O.S. • Tweet Tweet Tweety|
|1952||Gift Wrapped • Ain't She Tweet • A Bird in a Guilty Cage|
|1953||Snow Business • Fowl Weather • Tom Tom Tomcat • A Street Cat Named Sylvester • Catty Cornered|
|1954||Dog Pounded • Muzzle Tough • Satan's Waitin'|
|1955||Sandy Claws • Tweety's Circus • Red Riding Hoodwinked • Heir-Conditioned|
|1956||Tweet and Sour • Tree Cornered Tweety • Tugboat Granny|
|1957||Tweet Zoo • Tweety and the Beanstalk • Birds Anonymous • Greedy for Tweety|
|1958||A Pizza Tweety-Pie • A Bird in a Bonnet|
|1959||Trick or Tweet • Tweet and Lovely • Tweet Dreams|
|1960||Hyde and Go Tweet • Trip for Tat|
|1961||The Rebel Without Claws • The Last Hungry Cat|
|1962||The Jet Cage|
|1964||Hawaiian Aye Aye|
|2011||I Tawt I Taw a Puddy Tat|